The Municipality of the County of Victoria is requesting applications for a part time Tax Collection Assistant. Reporting to the CFO, the successful applicant will be responsible for all duties as outlined in the position description.
Overview of Position:
Term: Part Time
Hours: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, 3 days a week.
Work Location: Ingonish
- Process and balance all funds received and prepare related bank deposits.
- Receptionist duties such as answering general inquiries regarding taxes and others as required.
- Secretarial Duties for the tax office, address changes, and applicable forms.
- Make realistic arrangements with ratepayers for repayment schedules with the approval of CFO.
- Ensure payment arrangements are met.
- Assist with tax billings, print, seal, sort and count.
- Assist with other duties as required.
Skills & Abilities:
- Eligible for bonding.
- Bookkeeping experience an asset.
- Credit or collection experience and the ability to pursue and collect delinquent accounts.
- Ability to deal with the public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public.
Grade 12 high school diploma, a business related certificate or diploma or equivalent experience in a related field.
Please email a resume and covering letter outlining your experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org