The Municipality of the County of Victoria is requesting applications for the summer term position of General Labourer.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the successful applicant will be responsible for all duties as outlined in the position description.
Overview of Position:
Term: Full-time; Temporary Summer
Hours: Monday to Friday (8:00 am – 4:00 pm)
Work Location: Baddeck
- Maintaining all outdoor areas, which entails mowing, trimming and edging lawn as required.
- Taking inventory of maintenance and supplies and notifying Supervisor of low or depleted supplies.
- Promptly responding to requests for emergency repairs and clean-ups.
- Ensuring that all maintenance equipment is in good working order.
- Assist with landscape constructions, water and tend to plants, lawns and/or gardens.
- Rake and collect refuse.
- Operate and maintain landscape maintenance equipment.
- Garbage pickup around the County.
- Ability to perform tasks within a team, as well as independently.
- Grounds maintenance workers must possess physical stamina.
- Skillfully utilize a variety of specialized tools and equipment in performing grounds maintenance repair and construction activities.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions; establish and maintain cooperative
- working relationships.
- May be exposed to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by weather.
- Will frequently exert 70 to 100 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Will walk or stand for extended periods of time; will occasionally be required to ascend and descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, and ramps.
Please email a resume and covering letter outlining your experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org