The Municipality of the County of Victoria is requesting applications for the summer term position of Indigenous Archive Assistant.
Reporting to the Communications Officer, the successful applicant will be responsible for all duties as outlined in the position description.
Overview of Position:
Term: Full-time; Temporary Summer
Hours: Monday to Friday (8:30 am – 4:30 pm)
Work Location: Baddeck Municipal Building (Court House)
- To develop and create an archive of Mi’kmaq history to complement the existing records presently kept at the Victoria County Archives.
- Update and scan existing records.
- Add images and review accuracy.
- Digitize archival material.
- Conduct research into Victoria County places sacred to the Mi’kmaw people.
- Interview Elders to preserve Indigenous information that will be shared with visitors to Victoria County Archives.
- Communicate efficiently and professionally with residents, visitors and colleagues.
- Work well with others in small and large groups to coordinate tasks, share resources, plan, make decisions, negotiate, solve conflicts and complete other activities that involve teamwork.
- Ability to understand and use digital systems, tools and applications and to process digital information.
Please email a resume and covering letter outlining your experience to: email@example.com