On behalf of Victoria County Transit, the Municipality of the County of Victoria is requesting applications for Transit Drivers.
- An excellent, careful driver with a clean driving record and have (or are willing to get) a Class 4 license?
- A kind, positive and dependable person who loves to meet new people and who puts others at ease?
- Looking for a way to stay active and make a difference in the lives of the residents of Victoria County?
Reporting to and operating under the supervision of the Transit Administrator, this position is responsible for providing excellent customer service and acting as an ambassador for Victoria County Transit.
Hours: As needed
Rate: $17.00 per hour
- Being a safe and responsible driver while providing transportation in VCT’s fleet vehicles to locations throughout Victoria County and Nova Scotia on an as-needed basis
- Safely assisting passengers in boarding and leaving fleet vehicles, and from an accessible doorway at their point of origin to an accessible doorway at their destination.
- Keeping fleet vehicles clean and in excellent working order.
Qualifications and Abilities:
- Valid Nova Scotia Class 4 (or better) Driver’s License
- Clean driver’s abstract
- Clear criminal/child abuse registry records
- 3-5 years of related driving experience
- Other certifications (First Aid, etc.) as required
- No known health conditions and/or taking medications that may affect the ability to drive or carry out driving.
About Victoria County Transit:
VISION: Helping to create communities where everyone can access the services and opportunities, they need to lead healthy, connected lives.
Interested applicants can apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position will be advertised until filled.
Thank you for your interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.