- Dancing Moose Café - Wreck Cove
- June 1, 2023
- Thursday, 2:00PM to 3:30PM
Contact event manager
Book your tickets
Ingonish & Area Development Discussion
Thursday, 2:00PM to 3:30PM
June 1, 2023
Ingonish Development Society
Strategic Tourism Expansion Program
Introducing STEP (Strategic Tourism Expansion Program) – a community-led regional tourism development process designed to grow our tourism economy.
At this 90-minute session, learn how this project will lay a foundation for responsible, collaborative, sustainable community-based tourism development for the region and your business. Meet our consulting team and have an opportunity to ask questions and provide input to the process.
Session 1: Wednesday, May 31 – 9:30 – 11:00 am – Ingonish North Fire Hall
Session 2: Wednesday, May 31 – 3:00 – 4:30 pm – Destination Smokey
Session 3: Thursday, June 1 – 9:30 -11:00 am – Neil’s Harbour/New Haven Fire Hall
Session 4: Thursday, June 1 – 2:00 – 3:30 pm – Dancing Moose Café
Session 5: Thursday, June 1 – 6:30 – 8:00 pm – Ceilidh Hall, Keltic Lodge
Please RSVP by: May 30, 2023
Reply to: Colleen.Whelan-Smith@victoriacounty.ca
Who should attend?
Those interested in contributing to responsible tourism development, including:
· General public: interested individuals who, for example, could act as tourism ambassadors, experience providers or community leaders.
· Tourism industry stakeholders: businesses serving tourists directly or indirectly (accommodations, restaurants, retailers, attractions, guides, outfitters, suppliers etc.
· Others: organizations actively involved in the community, including the Chambers of Commerce, Service Groups, Social Agencies etc.
· Public and private sector organizations: municipal, First nation governments (staff and elected officials), community arts, culture, heritage organizations etc.
· Not-for-profit groups: those organizing festivals/events, social/recreation activities etc.
· Federal and provincial government agencies, DCB (staff and elected officials)