VICTORIA COUNTY HEALTHY EATING IN RECREATION SETTINGS Program Guidelines | Funding Application 2021
Who Can Apply?
The program is open to registered non-profits, schools and First Nations communities that provide programming in indoor and outdoor recreation settings.
Items Eligible for Assistance Funding:
Funding can be used for the purchase of any equipment that helps facilities or programs align better with the Canada Food Guide https://food-guide.canada.ca/en/. This can include the following:
- Meal Preparation equipment
- Convection & conventional ovens
- Dishwashing equipment
- Small appliances to facilitate healthy eating (panini maker/smoothie machine/ grills/ toasters)
- Programming that supports healthy eating
- Water Re-fill Stations
- Community gardens
- Local food production equipment
- Other equipment that supports healthy eating
Funding is 50% cost-shared with organization to a maximum of $1000 (ie: $2000 project = $1000 from Victoria County/$1000 from organization).
Application deadline: March 19, 2021
*Successful applicants will be required to provide receipt of purchase within six months of receiving funding.