Dingwall Transfer Station Operations Lead
The successful candidate will be responsible for overall site operations of the Dingwall Transfer Station and the supervision and delegation of tasks and responsibilities to site employees.
Also responsible for the safety and supervision of all persons while onsite by ensuring and promoting a safe and efficient work site.
Term: Full-time (permanent) Hours: Tuesday – Saturday (8:00 am – 4:00 pm)
Work Location: Dingwall Transfer Station
• High School Diploma or GED
• Post-secondary or management related training/certification is considered an asset.
• Experience in leadership, supervisor or management position.
• 3 to 5 years of experience operating heavy equipment and machinery such as forklift, backhoe and excavator.
• Valid Nova Scotia Class 5 (or better) Driver’s License
Please email a resume and covering letter outlining your experience by 4:00 pm, Friday, April 3rd, 2020 to:
Kelly Brett Public Works Supervisor
Do you enjoy travelling around Victoria County and beyond? Victoria County Transit needs spare drivers!
Victoria County Transit is hiring spare drivers for Baddeck and Neil’s Harbour. Must have a clean driver’s abstract, criminal and child abuse registry checks. Class 4 license or better is preferred, but will train a suitable candidate.
• Ensure safe operation of the VCT vehicle and that vehicle is safe, clean and presentable for passengers
• Ensure vehicle logs are properly and accurately compiled
• Greet passengers in a friendly, respectful manner
• Collect fares and accurately record them
• Ensure passenger pick up information is properly recorded
• Ensure vehicle is fueled
• Familiar with Victoria County addresses and roads
As this is a pilot project, hours will vary based on the ride demands. Positions will be based in Baddeck and Neil’s Harbour.
Posting will remain open until jobs are filled.
Please forward resumes to:
Strait Area Transit
606 Reeves St.
Port Hawkesbury, N.S. B9A 2R7