Public Works Attendant – Collection
The Municipality of the County of Victoria is requesting applications for the full-time position of Public Works Attendant – Collection based out of the Baddeck Waste Management Facility.
The successful candidate will be responsible for daily waste collection activities throughout the County; the handling and loading of waste, recyclables and organics during daily collection activities.
• Knowledge of waste, recyclable and organic collection and collection procedures;
• Knowledge of waste collection vehicles and equipment safety;
• Knowledge of equipment cleaning standards and procedures;
• High School Diploma or GED and;
• Valid Nova Scotia Class 5 (or better) Driver’s License
Applications accepted until 4 pm Friday January 17, 2020.
Please email a cover letter and resume outlining your experience to:
Kelly Brett, Public Works Supervisor
P.O. Box 370 Baddeck, NS B0E 1B0
The Municipality of the County of Victoria is hiring a full-time, permanent Public Works Technician for the Department of Public Works.
Reporting to the Director of Public Works, the Public Works Technician is responsible for the supervision and operations of the municipal water supplies. The position also provides assistance with the operational activities our compost and soil remediation facilities.
• Post-secondary certificate or diploma in a technical program.
• Class I Distribution or higher Operator’s certificate issued by the Province of Nova Scotia preferred.
o If not, willingness to complete the training and certification process.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in engineering or public works or equivalent.
• 3+ years of experience in a leadership or supervisor position.
• Experience in water treatment and distribution systems is an asset.
• Valid Nova Scotia Class 5 Driver’s License.
Salary and benefits are as per the Collective Agreement. The rate of pay is $27.00/hour.
Job Description here.
Please send a cover letter and resume detailing your background and experience as it relates to the position. This position will remain open until it is filled.
Do you enjoy travelling around Victoria County and beyond? Victoria County Transit needs spare drivers!
Victoria County Transit is hiring spare drivers for Baddeck and Neil’s Harbour. Must have a clean driver’s abstract, criminal and child abuse registry checks. Class 4 license or better is preferred, but will train a suitable candidate.
• Ensure safe operation of the VCT vehicle and that vehicle is safe, clean and presentable for passengers
• Ensure vehicle logs are properly and accurately compiled
• Greet passengers in a friendly, respectful manner
• Collect fares and accurately record them
• Ensure passenger pick up information is properly recorded
• Ensure vehicle is fueled
• Familiar with Victoria County addresses and roads
As this is a pilot project, hours will vary based on the ride demands. Positions will be based in Baddeck and Neil’s Harbour.
Posting will remain open until jobs are filled.
Please forward resumes to:
Strait Area Transit
606 Reeves St.
Port Hawkesbury, N.S. B9A 2R7