Tax Sale info & Properties (updated Mar 16, 2020)
The Accessibility Advisory Committee provides advice to the Municipal Council on identifying, preventing and eliminating barriers to municipal programs, services, initiatives and facilities. The committee plays a pivotal role in helping the Municipality of the County of Victoria to become an accessible community that complies with Nova Scotia’s Accessibility Act (2017).
We are looking for people who have first hand knowledge of what facing these barriers means. At least one half of the members of the Accessibility Advisory Committee must have a disability or represent an organization that represents people with disabilities. Disability includes a physical, mental, intellectual, learning, or sensory impairment.
The committee is open to people without disabilities as well.
The committee will meet 6 times a year (may be more at start up). Meetings will take place in Victoria County. Mileage and meals will be paid (at the county rate).
Applications can be downloaded here or can be picked up at the Municipal Office at 495 Chebucto Street, Baddeck. The deadline for applications is 4:00 p.m., Friday March 27, 2020. Your completed application may be submitted by mail, in person, or by email to:
Municipality of the County of Victoria
PO Box 370, 495 Chebucto Street
Baddeck, Nova Scotia B0E 1B0
Attention: Accessibility Advisory Committee
Subject line: Accessibility Advisory Committee Volunteer
Looking for information on immigrating to Canada and settling on Cape Breton Island? The Cape Breton Partnership has lots of information to help.
Check out the 'New To Cape Breton' website here: http://newtocapebreton.com/
Find more information on the Cape Breton Partnership's other Immigration Iniatives here: https://capebretonpartnership.com/initiatives/cblip/
Beginning January 1, 2020 the following items are now accepted at Recycle Depots in Victoria County:
The Cape Breton Partnership is conducting a survey looking for info on an Economic and Growth strategy for Cape Breton Island.
A link to the website that explains the plan and has a video, feedback form, and the discussion paper is available here: https://capebretonpartnership.com/growthstrategy/
The link for the survey is available here: https://www.research.net/r/CapeBretonUnamakiGrowth
Please note: Beginning November 1, 2019, our Victoria County Recycle Depots in Baddeck and New Haven will close from 12 noon - 12:30 daily.
Do you enjoy travelling around Victoria County and beyond? Victoria County Transit needs spare drivers!
Victoria County Transit is hiring spare drivers for Baddeck and Neil’s Harbour. Must have a clean driver’s abstract, criminal and child abuse registry checks. Class 4 license or better is preferred, but will train a suitable candidate.
• Ensure safe operation of the VCT vehicle and that vehicle is safe, clean and presentable for passengers
• Ensure vehicle logs are properly and accurately compiled
• Greet passengers in a friendly, respectful manner
• Collect fares and accurately record them
• Ensure passenger pick up information is properly recorded
• Ensure vehicle is fueled
• Familiar with Victoria County addresses and roads
As this is a pilot project, hours will vary based on the ride demands. Positions will be based in Baddeck and Neil’s Harbour.
Posting will remain open until jobs are filled.
Please forward resumes to:
Strait Area Transit
606 Reeves St.
Port Hawkesbury, N.S. B9A 2R7
Have you seen the Victoria County Transit buses on the road? Yes! Victoria County now has a transit service. But its not like a traditional transit service where you wait at a bus stop and bus goes by at a certain time – no, it is so much better!
Victoria County Transit is a dial-a-ride service. They will pick you at your door and deliver you back there. All you need to do is book the ride 24 hours in advance by calling1-833-625-1475 or
The cost is $5 (one-way) ANYWHERE in Victoria County. Anywhere OUTSIDE the county there is an additional mileage charge (.55 cents per kilometer that is shared among the riders).
• Want to go to a hockey game in Sydney next Friday? Call with at least 24 hours notice and book.
• Want to go to a Celtic Colours event in Port Hawkesbury? Call and book 24 hours in advance.
• Never been to Cabot Landing Provincial Park and want to visit? Call and book 24 hours in advance.
• Have a doctor’s appointment in Antigonish next month and you need a driver? Call Victoria County Transit and book when you get the appointment for pick up at your door.
• Family home for Celtic Colours and you want to take them out to dinner in Ingonish, Iona or Inverness (or all three)? Book Victoria County Transit when you know the dates the cousins will be here and you are set.
The fact is – this service is a pilot project which makes transit available and affordable. Let’s use it!
You can book a ride by:
calling 902-625-1475 or 1-833-625-1475 or