Ingonish Beach Campground – Cape Breton Highlands National Park
Date: May 15th 2020 until October 25th 2020
Location: Cape Breton Highlands National Park, 1 km from the eastern entrance of the park. The campground is a sparsely wooded, quiet campground that is just a 10-minute walk to a sandy saltwater shoreline and freshwater lake beach.
Ingonish Beach Campground has 51 tenting sites with fireplaces, 5 equipped tenting sites and 4 oTENTiks. Many amenities located close by in the village of Ingonish Beach.
- Washrooms with hot showers and flush toilets
- Potable water
- Kitchen shelters with picnic tables and wood stoves
- Group fireplaces
- Nearby: laundry, camping supplies, internet, groceries, gas station, restaurants
- Swimming in ocean or freshwater lake (surf guards in July & August)
- Golf at the world-class Highlands Links
- Soccer field, tennis court, playground and canteen at beach
- Nearby in Ingonish: whale tours, craft shops
- Visit with Parks Canada mascot, Parka, explore programs and BioBlitz.
- Nearby: daily guided coastal walks and adventure night hikes, square dancing (applicable fees) mid-June to mid-September, geocaching.
Get the whole family involved in geocaching to find Parka’s hat and learn to identify 5 native trees. Earn a Parks Canada souvenir and have a tonne of fun!
There are several walking/hiking trails, including:
- Freshwater Lake – an easy walk around the lake -great for strollers.
- Franey Mountain – it’s a climb but the reward is a panoramic view from the top.
- Middle Head – walk on a stubborn rocky headland between two bays.
GPS location: N46 39.239 W60 24.043
Park is open year-round but full visitor services are only available from mid-May until mid-October.
Facilities / Services
- Bilingual staff available
- Pets welcome (except in oTENTiks and Equipped Campsites)
- Flush toilets
- Showers (Free)
- Cooking shelters
- Open sites
- Shaded sites
- Swimming (lake)
- Swimming (ocean)
This property accepts American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Debit card.
Activities: Fishing, Hiking, Golfing
Admission: Park pass required.